For nearly a decade, Nick has been fighting to protect the civil rights of people wronged by police, corrections officers, and other government officials. He focuses on cases of false arrest, malicious prosecution, wrongful conviction, wrongful imprisonment, improper use of excessive/unnecessary force, and negligence/neglect by prison staff.
A native New Yorker, Nick graduated from Boston University and the University of Connecticut School of Law. As a law student Nick received awards for his performance in several legal writing, moot court, and mock trial competitions. In practice Nick has tried and argued many case before state and federal courts, as well as the Second Circuit Court of Appeals, winning significant victories on behalf of clients whose rights have been violated. Nick knows the ins and outs of civil rights litigation, and how to avoid the pitfalls so many litigants get stuck on trying to get justice for abuse by law enforcement.
- New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Western District of New York
- University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D., with honors
- Boston University, B.A., cum laude
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association
- National Police Accountability Project
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association